03.11.2016

Lot 49

Join us for our inaugural Lot 49 contemporary art auction & benefit on Friday, March 11th from 6 to 11pm!

Lot 49 is a unique artist-centric auction initiated and shaped by artists as a new annual fundraiser for The Luminary. The interactive auction will feature acclaimed artists nominated by their peers, with participating artists receiving 51% of all sales and the remaining 49% going to support our ambitious programs - hence the name, Lot 49.

In addition to one-of-a-kind works by over 40 artists, the event will also include a selection of small objects, publications, multiples and more priced from $10 to $100 with thoughtful, eclectic and innovative items available at any price point.

VIP Cocktail Reception + Auction Preview
6pm-8pm
Includes free off-street parking, complimentary wine, beer from Urban Chestnut + Modern Brewery, food from Salt&Smoke + Kitchen Kulture, remarks by The Luminary's directors and a first chance to meet the artists and purchase items in the auction.
VIP Tickets are $50 and are available online here or in person at The Luminary

Public Opening
8pm-11pm
Opens with the most exciting contemporary art party of the season featuring DJ sets by 18&Counting and Black Spade, interactive bidding, artist-designed cocktails and more.
Suggested donation of $10, tickets available online here

-Auction bidding closes at 9:30pm, so get there early to bid on work!

All proceeds from the event go to the artists and to support The Luminary’s forward-thinking initiatives including exhibitions, residency and studio programs, and renovations to residency housing.

Featured artists include Alberto Aguilar, Luca Antonucci, JE Baker, Brian Barr, Lyndon Barrois Jr., Jenna Bauer, Conrad Bakker, Michael Behle, Big Weirdo (Amanda Bowles and Howard Krohn), Martin Brief, Lauren Cardenas, Alika Cooper, Gabriel Dawe, Sage Dawson, Addoley Dzegede, Jennifer Everett, Kristin Fleischmann-Brewer, Tate Foley, Madeline Gallucci, Gina Grafos, Meghan Grubb, Jessica Harvey, Heidi Hove, Kahlil Irving, David Johnson, David Kasprzak, Basil Kincaid, Jamie Kreher, Marianne Laury, Jason Lazarus, Cole Lu, Mads Lynnerup, Quinlan Maggio, Angela Malchionno, Peter Manion, Sandra Marchewa, Nicolas G. Miller, Adrienne Outlaw, Catalina Ouyang, Sarah Paulsen, Ryan Pierce, Peter Pranschke, Lauren Rice, Edo Rosenblith, Nick Schleicher, Sopearb Touch, Edra Soto, Carlie Trosclair, Ann-Maree Walker, Brett Williams, Ken Wood, and Steph Zimmerman + more!

View the full list of available artwork here

Featured publishers include selections from Book Works (UK), Colpa Press, Dominica Publishing, Piecrust Magazine, Sternberg Press, Tunica Studio, Vice Versa Press, Work Press and Publishing and more.

Artist Steering Committee
Lyndon Barrois Jr., Betsy Brandt, Amanda Bowles, Lauren Cardenas, Alika Cooper, Sage Dawson, Kristin Fleishchmann-Brewer, Meghan Grubb, Kahlil Irving, Peter Manion, Adrienne Outlaw, Ann-Maree Walker

Host Committee
Sara Burke, Martin Casas, Brent Crittenden, Marilu Knode, Gavin Kroeber, Allyson Mace, Sheila Manion, Paige McClellan, Meridith McKinley, Bob Oesch, Patricia Olynyk, Lindsay Pattan, Michael Powers, Keri Robertson, Bruce Shoults, Patrick Shaw, Cara Starke, Eric Thoelke, Elizabeth Tucker

Thank you to our sponsors and supporters Alive Magazine, Kitchen Kulture, Modern Brewery, The Great Frame Up, Toky Branding + Design, Salt & Smoke, & Urban Chestnut.